l Mosquito Eyebrows on Toast: Only 300K trav

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Only 300K


The price of real estate here is just crazy. For about $400K you can get a 200 square foot walk-in closet. Not a house with the closet. Just the closet.
I live in a house without a closet.
You just can’t have it all.

On my way to Yosemite, I passed the abandoned house in this picture. The only way a house can afford to be abandoned around here is to be further than the accepted 6 hour a day round trip commute.
It’s hard to see in the small version of this picture but someone spray painted “Only 300K” on it.

Maybe because everything is so over crowded where I live, I am drawn to this type of scene.

3 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice job on this one! Housing is outrageous in California. Hence the reason I'm going to be a homeless vagbond fr 448 days!! :)

Great shot, I love the feel of it ad framing. I'm glad it's not centered. As usual I picture this in B&W. It may be a bit spooky!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Sidney said...

I guess that is the price you have to pay to live in Silicon Valley. Are you guys not all IT multi-billionaires? ;-)

Thanks for the nice comment on my blog !

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Ash said...

It would be lovely to live there...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for kind comments

Regards,
Ash.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home