l Mosquito Eyebrows on Toast: Blowin' in the Wind trav

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Blowin' in the Wind



My sweetie pie plays guitar obsessively. Seriously. He gets up at 6:30, plays until 7:30 when he has to get ready for his pesky job. He goes to work then comes home to eat dinner and then he plays his guitar until about 10:30. At 10:30 he generally ambles out to the living room to catch the news. And by the news I mean The Daily Show because these days the only trusted news source is, of course, Comedy Central.
At around 11 he goes to sleep where he no doubt dreams of, and I’m guessing here, playing his guitar. His schedule does vary. It’s not like he’s a machine.
On Tuesday and Thursday evenings he instead goes to rehearsal with his band.

It’s a bluegrass band.

Do you know anything about bluegrass?
They say that if the girl isn’t poisoned or drowned or somehow violently dead by song’s end, well then it just isn’t bluegrass.

Ain’t that bitchin.

All of this wouldn’t really be an issue except for the fact that humans tend to get songs stuck in their head. You know what I mean; the lyrics play over and over and over until you almost lose your mind. Usually it’s something like, “Blinded by the light. Wrapped up like a douche you know the roener in the night…” or whatever those lyrics really are.
And I believe that you are what you think for the most part and so you really don’t want most bluegrass lyrics going through your head all day. Especially at this love fest of a company. I’m cruising to the printer room, feeling pretty good, when I see my nemesis Agatha (or any number of my cheery, effervescent, fanciful, frolicsome (love my thesaurus!) co-workers coming down the hall) and I realize I’m singing a little ditty with lyrics like maybe… “pimps and the gamblers were hanging around to carry Little Sadie to the buryin' ground” or “Little Janie, Little Janie- Your arms are wrapped so tight and Satan leads my fingers as I pull away the knife…”

It’s time like this that I wish my guitar lovin’ sweetie were into maybe… folk music.
Music about peace and love and women who are ALIVE!

This picture is a macro of a dandelion taken just before it blew apart to propagate baby weeds all over my front yard.

3 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger PhotoSam said...

First of all, stardog's joke is hilarious.
The shot- Love dandelions and loving this one which gets u an easy 8/10

 
At 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great macro, I love the detail in this one.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger micki said...

I love bluegrass! I have ever since I was a little girl. I started playing drums at 34, and my goal at 40 is start to learn the fiddle so I can play bluegrass! I took clogging lessons for awhile back in Tennessee.

Your husband's passion for his guitar is fantastic!! My hubby used to get up and play before he went to work and then played all night after he returned home, as well. Now he's studying for his MBA. He doesn't get to play as often.

Great macro image!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home