l Mosquito Eyebrows on Toast: Me! Me! Me! Me! trav

Friday, August 18, 2006

Me! Me! Me! Me!



After letting you see this self portrait, that I really, really like even though I don't even look like a girl, I thought I'd give an update on my new job….

I have had work for the last week and a half after 2 weeks of being paid to put together my blog and become part of a little blogger gang. I must say that I enjoy the blogging more than the job, but that’s to be expected.

I don’t understand why people are so cold and unfriendly here. They must know something I don’t and that’s a bit scary. When I smile at people, it’s like my smile is traveling toward them in s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n and they actually veer out of the way so it doesn’t ‘get’ them. If said smile actually made contact, they might have to smile back or, horror of horrors, say “Good Morning”. We all know how much that can hurt! Sheesh!

The admin still doesn’t speak to me. I hadn’t seen her enough to know how she treated other people. I told myself that she must be going through something really horrible in her life that makes her so sour. I had the story all worked out in my head…”Poor Agatha” (Names changed to protect the bitchy) “It must be so hard to have cancer of the….uh… buttcheek. She’s probably so sad and scared. I really should go out of my way to be nice to her. That’s it! I’m going to hunt her down and find something to compliment her on! Yeah!” So I headed down the hall, on a MISSION damnit! As I approached the open area where she sits with the rest of her cadre, I saw her from the back, wearing a rather lovely muumuu.
Then, as I got closer, I saw her laughing with someone. Laughing! Uproariously!
As though she didn’t have a care in the world. As though she didn’t even have cancer of the bicuspid. And then it hit me. She doesn’t have cancer of anything!

She shuns me purposely.

A bigger person would have called out “That shade of puce really does a lot for your complexion Agatha”. But not me. I am small, small Puppatina. She’ll get no compliments from this tiny person.

I don’t care how pretty her muumuu is.

4 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger PhotoSam said...

Hi Puppatina, Im baaaack....
Really really liking the angle of the shot...
simple concept when it comes to shitty work mates, if they are purposely nasty to yuo they're not good enough for you, period....their loss and bollocks to them....

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger jane said...

I like the crop on the self-portrait too, it makes it quite an intriguing shot.

That's one rude admin...

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Puppatina said...

At least the beastly admin gives me something to write about!

=:-}

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Sidney said...

Cool self-portrait! Original frame!

I don't have to complain about smiles. Everybody and I really mean everybody smile here in the Philippines! And even perfect strangers are greeting me in the streets. Maybe you should live here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home