l Mosquito Eyebrows on Toast: It's in the Bag trav

Thursday, August 24, 2006

It's in the Bag



Okay, so it’s Monday and I knew I’d be spending another day here at work with ab-so-freakin-lutely nothing to do. I found out on Friday that the project I was hired for is not due to start until OCTOBER 15th!!!! Why am I here???? I am being paid a more than decent amount of money to do nothing, but as you know, it doesn’t feel right to me and I hate being bored! I don’t like to be blatantly sitting here working away on art projects on my personal laptop. The only way I can sit in my office has my back and my laptop’s front facing the door, advertising to those who do have work, that I am screwing around and getting paid for it. I did it Friday because I was trying to get my sweetie’s band webpage up and running (And no you can’t see it because it’s STILL NOT UP! Argh!).

So let’s look at the contents of my bag to see what low tech, on the down-low projects I brought to work on today. Here is the list:

Thank You cards – 2 boxes – because I still haven’t sent out cards from my granddaughter’s 1st birthday party 3 weeks ago.

Address Book – To address above listed cards

2 novels – The Art of Mending by Elizabeth Berg & Living on Air by Anna Shapiro (I am a very fast reader)

A book on hand coloring photos – I have the coolest picture of my Nana on her Harley circa 1915 that I would LOVE to hand color.

A book on making some cool jewelry out of bottle caps – I love making jewelry!

Granola and almonds – I could easily fall into the bored eating habit

It’s 9:26 and I’m already getting sleepy………….

Oh, the picture. I took this on a lovely spring day in one of the last remaining orchards where I live. In Photoshop I put a gaussian blur on it and corrected the levels.

1 Comments:

At 3:36 AM, Blogger PhotoSam said...

You must learn, Robin...the art which I have mastered, of doing absolutely nothing and still making time fly....
nice use of the gaussian, 7.75/10

 

Post a Comment

<< Home