l Mosquito Eyebrows on Toast: A Wrinkle in Time trav

Friday, August 04, 2006

A Wrinkle in Time



I really thought getting older would be easy for me. Though somewhat cute when I was younger, I wouldn’t have been categorized as gorgeous by anyone who wasn't sleeping with me. Because I was used to residing in the world of mediocre, I thought the transition would be fairly easy. Uh, I was so wrong!

Some mornings I have to wait til I get to work to put on my makeup because it can take hours for my pillow wrinkled face to snap back into position. I guess ‘snap’ is the wrong word. It used to ‘snap’. Now it slowly ambles, whistling show tunes and taking in the view along the way.
When I can finally start troweling on the makeup, which is painful enough because I actually have to look in the mirror to do it, I also have to face the brand spanking new “Wrinkle-of-the-Day”.
I swear.
Every day.
A new wrinkle.

And this is only the beginning! I’m 46. I have a good 30 more years of deterioration and decay to look forward to.

I can’t wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home