l Mosquito Eyebrows on Toast: Point Lobos trav

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Point Lobos


I took this at, you guessed it, Point Lobos. It's so beautiful there. It's located on the Monterey coast.
Deriving its name from the offshore rocks at Punta de los Lobos Marinos, Point of the Sea Wolves, where the sound of the sea lions carries inland, the reserve has often been called "the crown jewel of the State Park System." With good reason. The light there is so lovely and the trees and ocean together make for spectacular scenery. Go there if you ever get the opportunity. Most visitors just go to Carmel and Monterey and while I agree that you should visit both towns, Point Lobos is not to be missed.

I will post more of my self portrait series as I create them. I'm trying to really let them happen. I'm thinking of the different facets of my personality as I work on this series and also write a piece on my 'writing voice' for my creative writing class. Both projects call for self discovery in that I am determining how I want to be seen (literally) and heard (read). Usually I work from the inside out but now I'm flipping it. Fun stuff!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. It means so much to me!
Hugs from Puppatina!

6 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely...someday I'm really going to have to make it out to the west coast....too beautiful!

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger micki said...

This looks like a great place to do some self discovery, lovely view!

 
At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely shot, I really should go out and take more landscape shots, but the problem is when I take them I always feel they not good enough and hardly ever post them, okay ne going to be brave and start posting some of the ones I have.

looking forward to the series of self portraits you are going to post.

Suby

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger PhotoSam said...

beautiful landscape.....eagerly awaiting more slef portraits if theyre as good as the prvious one....8.25/10
cr=5/10

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow such a beautiful place. I love the look of rocks in the waves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home