l Mosquito Eyebrows on Toast: Ghost Grass trav

Monday, October 09, 2006

Ghost Grass


Another photo from the Iki trail. The ghostly fog and weird lighting were so cool.
Do you want to see a night lava shot even though it isn't technically very good or artistic? And how about the picture of our windshield that was shattered by a big rock 15 minutes after our arrival? That was fun. Thank goodness for safety glass; in which we were covered. I really want to have the time to write more about my trip but I have been buried since my return. The weekend was spent at a way cool free concert put on every year in San Francisco's Golden Gate park. It's called Hardly Strictly Bluegrass http://www.strictlybluegrass.com/ and it's GREAT! Micki, next year you should come out for this one. You'd LOVE it! This rich guy has all of the legends of bluegrass (and assorted others) show up for 3 days of music. The weather was perfect! Especially for SF. It was about 80 degrees. I doubt most bluegrass shows feature organic pot, raw vegan food and 100% recycling but ya gotta love SF! I didn't take my camera this year but last year I took lots of photos. If you're interested, they can be viewed here: http://new.photos.yahoo/puppatina/albums I used it as an opportunity to practice shooting people but I also took lots of pictures of dogs. You have no idea how much I love taking pictures of dogs. I have spared you all that obsession. ;-) Gotta go!

6 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh dark and moody...I love this!!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger micki said...

That is gorgeous!! Great exposure.

Well, I would love to show up for the bluegrass event. I was just saying to my kids tonight (again) how in 14 months, when I turn 40, I'm learning the fiddle. Grandpa played, so it's in the blood.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Sidney said...

Nice one! Technically quite difficult!
Zen-like !?

 
At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dark & moody, 2 things I love in images, you pulled it off well and for you to do that with a colour image ain't easy. Kudos to you.

Suby

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger PhotoSam said...

i like it...ghostly is jut the word....i really wanna see that lava...

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Michelle B said...

Fantastic, I am happy I've found your blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home