l Mosquito Eyebrows on Toast: We Interrupt this Vacation...to Wish Christian Bon Voyage! trav

Friday, September 29, 2006

We Interrupt this Vacation...to Wish Christian Bon Voyage!

I am sorry that I was unable to write before today but I am now on Maui with free wireless and thrilled to dedicate today's picture to our interpid Christian.
Much luck and love follow you on your trip my friend!

The new beginning of this fern reminded me of his trip's beginning. I took this macro shot in an amazing rain forest at the top of Kilauea Iki.
Our trip has so far surpassed my wildest expectations. We saw LAVA from Kilauea making it's way into the sea (pictures to follow). I've been waiting since the 4th grade for that! The snorkeling has been awesome as well. We spent some time with an octopus (I love them!) and I had my first close encounter with a white tipped reef shark. When I first saw it, my heart dropped and I got really scared but then I calmed down and realized that at about 3.5-4 feet, I was bigger than he was and I would fight if I had to. Once I realized that I wasn't in danger, it was way cool. I have done my best free diving on this trip. I have gone down to about 20 feet and stayed for a while so I'm very proud.


I will try and post again tomorrow.
Aloha-
Robin

8 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger micki said...

Woo, hoo, Robin!! Sounds like you're having a fabulous vacation! I can't wait to hear more.

Beautiful macro image today, too.

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger PhotoSam said...

beautiful image....ur vacation sounds WILD!...eagerly anticipating your return

 
At 5:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can wait to see more pics from your trip...this macro is stunning!!

Miss ya!
~Chantal :))

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Sidney said...

What an exciting vacation! Enjoy !!!

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Optical illusion: I thought at first this was a rusting wrought-iron filigree fence post, until I realized (from your explanation) that it was a fern! Excellent image.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

j'adore ces petits détails. celui-ci... crosse de St Nicolas? Ou peut-être animal à sang froid?
Non, mais très belle photo

 
At 6:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a fantastic photo, I love love love it.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Sorcha said...

what a great photo! Your trip sounds stunning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home